I'm hoping somebody can point me in a new direction as everything I've tried isn't working. It began not starting a few months ago and since I had only had the machine a few months before that, and not knowing the history, I bought a new CAT battery. Didn't fix the problem. You have to charge the battery to start it. Once it starts, it runs all day and will start that same day if you have to shut if off.
If you leave it overnight, it won't start. The alternator is pumping out 14.5 volts, and the battery reads 14.5 volts for a steady 2 hours with all the lights on. Connections look good. The only thing I can think of is something constantly and slowly draining the battery even with the machine off, but I have no idea what that could be.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
-Tim
If you leave it overnight, it won't start. The alternator is pumping out 14.5 volts, and the battery reads 14.5 volts for a steady 2 hours with all the lights on. Connections look good. The only thing I can think of is something constantly and slowly draining the battery even with the machine off, but I have no idea what that could be.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
-Tim
CAT 279C Battery Keeps Dying....driving me insane
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire