JD450C issues

samedi 11 juin 2016

Due to health, distractions, etc. my 1981 450C has been sitting unused (under a roof, at least) for several years. It has two problems in particular that I need to fix:

1) The 6-way blade angle function is "stiff". The linkage is fine, but the plunger into the spool valve is stubborn. I can move it, but it doesn't return to center and the nut on the lever eventually loosens, so I have to put a wrench on the linkage arm to use it. Is there something better than regular oil to try to avoid disassembling the whole valve? Will penetrating oil or PB Blaster damage internal seals or anything?

2) The steering levers are also "stiff", the cat moves forward slightly in neutral, and the levers don't return on their own. They basically function as intended, but not returning is a pain, and creeping forward is sort of dangerous when I have to get off to do swamper duties.

The machine needs a good going through, as well. Am I going to find 1981 parts impossible to find (for example, rear sprockets) or does Deere support older machines? I have no authorized shop within probably 150 miles, so either I'll tackle the issues myself or have an off-brand place do it.

I have the machine for fire protection, so selling it is not on my list, although the poor thing is neglected - luckily, there's no SPCA for heavy equipment :)


JD450C issues

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire