servicing 'offset boom' bushings/bearings?

mardi 14 juin 2016

My gray-market Cat 307SSR is chronically sloppy at the offset-boom knuckles...I'm sure life's not been kind to them, and my long-term plans include dealing with this. But since I've only got a parts-book (and it's in Japanese), I can't really grasp how these are supposed to be serviced. Can anyone advise as to whether doing so is perchance a "custom-machining-free" process, eg one that might, say, just require that I drop/drive out the heavy hollow-pin-bearings, somehow remove a bushing or bearing that rides outside it, press in a new one, and replace the thrust-bushings, in order to get back to a tight joint? The heavy lifting/support during disassembly is something I believe I can manage, but it would sure be nice to get a sense of what the rest of the process is going to be, before I get into it too far.

I'm also wondering: how likely it is that the pins are OK, with all wear taking place on the bushings? Getting the parts from Asia (etc) isn't going to be cheap.

Are there any similar English-language r&r processes written up somewhere?

Name: CAT 307 SSR sn 2FL00800 - articulating boom bushing components_1.jpg Views: 0 Size: 50.8 KBName: CAT 307 SSR sn 2FL00800 - articulating boom bushing components_2.jpg Views: 0 Size: 49.0 KB

Mahalo - Dave
Attached Images
  


servicing 'offset boom' bushings/bearings?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire