T140 Fuel Sensor Problem

samedi 11 juin 2016

The fuel level gauge stopped working on my T140, just reads about 1/4 tank no matter what the level. It was working when I got the (used) tractor, seemed to get a little flakey, then the fact it stopped completely became obviouw when I ran out of fuel about a 1/4 mile from where I keep the cans. I got the level sensor out of the tank after buying a 41mm 6-point socket and about 2 hours of struggling with various drives standing on my head under the cab. The sensor turned in the threads VERY hard, I had to put a lot of force turning it until the last fraction when the threads finally fully disengaged.

The sensor checks out with an ohm meter, and in fact runs the gauge properly when connected to the harness, just not in the tank. The one clue I see is a witness mark about 1/4 up the brass sensor tube as if the float was stuck there, but the float goes up and down the tube very freely. So, I polished the brass tube, chased, cleaned and lubed the threads on the sensor, and attempted to install it back in the tank. It won't go in. I can feel some great lump in the bottom of the tank, right in the way of where the sensor goes. The edge of this lump is right where the sensor tube goes and cocks the threads just enough that it won't screw in without cross threading. Of course things are such there is no way for me to look down the hole, even with a mirror and flashlight. I tried to take a picture down the hole with my phone but couldn't get it to focus. There is no damage to the bottom of the tractor that would change the shape of the tank.

What could this be and how can I fix it?


T140 Fuel Sensor Problem

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire