1948 REO speed wagon truck

dimanche 5 juillet 2015

OK, this isn;t really a piece of equipment, so I hope I'm not out of line lsiting it here
But its a ruck , duel wheel rear drive, with a 15k GWV, so, its a heavier duty older truck
I'm looking to sell it
it was bought new by a friends father, who lived on the farm his father owned, REO dealer was 2 miles from farm, and was bought new., garage kept since new, friends father died and they parked the truck and its been sitting in the garage since 1970, NO dents, no broken glass or lights or anything , in excellent shape, JUST dusty from being parked and sitting
IT did tun when parked, but they just didn;'t want to use it as it was there fathers?
it has 28,485 original miles on it, was used to haul hey and cows to local farms, its never seen a hi way, or been father than about 25 miles form this farm

I was managing this farm for the past 16+ yrs and I got it, and left it in the same garage, I had plans to buy this farm, and , unfortunately that didn;t pan out!

BUT due to another family member's death, and then some long settlement issue's,
I now have to move it by July 25TH, and currently don't have a garage or building to place it in,
and really hate to see it sit outside, after all these yrs of being kept dry
I had a guy that seemed interested for the past 6 months, but I couldn't move it then, and as of today, he doesn't seem very interested, in coming to see it. HE says HE might have time in the future, but doesn't know when, so?? I cannot count on him it seems, ??
SO< plan B hs posting it here as well as a few other sites I am on and hope it finds a good home!

SO< if anyone has any interest in an old , an rather rare vintage truck, please let me know ASAP
here are a few pictures of it, sorry about quality, but I am not great at taking pictures , and it was tight quarters its in, the rear of truck is a wood flat bed, and its been used as a shelf for the past 40 yrs, so junk has piled up on it
IT is located at zip code 18222 right now, after July 25 th, , NOT sure where its going??

I am also looking for a good used skid steer, so a trade of some sorts could be possible too, or even a decent tractor with a bucket maybe?/
OR who know's I'm welcome to idea's always on possible trades LOl
Thanks for looking


and I also have other things to sell that are on this property that have to be moved by same date,
a 1969 chevy 3/4 ton truck also garage kept since new and only 46K on it, 2x4, stick shift, 8 ft bed with a cap

a old IH model H, and a 340 tractor, assorted implements for these tractors, plow,. disc, spring harrow, plow, grain drill, cultipacker, two row corn planter, hay wagons, , a boat , a canoe, a wood stove, buckets of nuts and bolts and like things that add up in a garage over the yrs LOL
as I said, I had plans to buy the place, and NOW have lots to move and or find new places to store it all??
Attached Images
     


1948 REO speed wagon truck

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire