Deere 120C (2003) power to tracks

mercredi 16 décembre 2015

Hello,

I purchased a used JD 120C around 4-5 months ago and I have been using it for land clearing and some pond construction on my property. I do a lot of work on hill sides because my property has about 30 sq ft of flat land. Moreover, the land is not smooth after I've been pulling out stumps and trees. Anyways, my concern is that it feels like one of the tracks is stronger than the other and in general it seems like the tracks are not that strong. I would have expected a machine like this to be able to power through dirt piles (or at least keep the tracks spinning while I don't go anywhere). This is especially noticeable when I only have one track engaged.

One or both tracks will stop when it meets some resistance (e.g., a pile of dirt). I can then make it continue forward by engaging both tracks so that I am going straight at full speed. This leads me to do things like interleaving forward movement with both tracks and movement with only one track so that I can get the desired rotation of the tracks. I can continue to work using this technique but it is cumbersome. I also have the feeling that I am doing this trick more with the right track than the left track.

I also was recently working in a bunch of mud. I thought that I had power washed most/all of it out but it is possible that there is some junk stuck somewhere behind one of the covers in the tracks.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris


Deere 120C (2003) power to tracks

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire