Antifreeze Coolant Talk on a John Deere 310c

mercredi 16 décembre 2015

Hey Guys,

While doing regular maintenance testing the coolant protection on my 1988 JD 310c backhoe and it seems to not be enough protection for cold weather and not good protection for running in hot temps. it's only at -10F (+261F).

I hardly have 300 hours on it since I drained and filled with OEM Cool-Gard 50/50 mix about 4 to 5 years ago.

The thing is I tested the left over OEM 2.5 gallon container of Cool-Gard from 4 years ago and it too reads like it does in the radiator.

So is this normal? or do I ask the foolish question... "does antifreeze coolant loose its protection properties over time, like the 4 to 5 years since I last opened the container.

I'm here in CT and it has reached as low as -5 in the Winter and Summers top out at 98F to 101F… at least where I am along the coastal side. So I'm always use to seeing -35F to -40F and 271F on the testers, a much better reading than what I'm getting from the backhoe.

So what do you guys thinK? Am I worrying for nothing?


Antifreeze Coolant Talk on a John Deere 310c

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire