Repowering equipment with highway engines, i.e.; Cummins ISX, Pros and Cons?

vendredi 10 juin 2016

Looking at replacing some dead or nearly so Japanese Tier 0 diesels in rubber tracked dumpers with something newer and readily available, preferably used takeout. I have specific goals in mind or I would be using Tier 2 Cummins N14 or Deere or CAT industrial which is a no brainer.

The end game is something in the range of 450-475-500 hp, driving hydraulic pumps and meeting Tier 3 specs. The cummins ISM with EGR but prior to the DPF (about 2004-2007?) strikes me as a good candidate with the added bonus of being available with Jake brakes which oddly enough would be handy in this application for long downgrades.

Now I know the highway regs and nonroad regs are different but I'm hoping I can get close enough to satisfy CARB should the need arise to rent/sell these machines into Kommiefornia at some point.

Also, I have no idea yet how the torque curves compare, etc.

Just thought I would throw it out here and see if i get any feedback or ideas, just recently I have been informed I do not actually know everything, crazy huh? LOL

Two additional bits of trivia: I do not like CAT ACERT, and for you Detroit fans, think Series 60, mmmmkay?

Thoughts?


Repowering equipment with highway engines, i.e.; Cummins ISX, Pros and Cons?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire