Bobcat 953 Problems

vendredi 28 mars 2014

I don't know much about the history of this non-operational Bobcat 953 but am trying to get it running and moving again. The motor is not running yet, but I'm hopeful about that.



One of the other problems is that the machine does not move - that is what those who last operated it said. I also noticed that the machine freewheels when not running. One can tow it and the wheels turn, without skidding. It seems unlikely that anyone engaged tow mode/tow valves, but I should check that first, if it has that feature. Can anyone tell me where the tow mode controls are located and how to engage/disengage them? The hydrostatic oil is low - does not show on the dipstick. So, of course, that needs to be topped up too. Could a low oil level cause the freewheeling? I doubt that it would that low, but who knows.



Any other ideas of what would explain the inability of the machine to move and the freewheeling? I suppose it could be broken chains, an exploded motor or two, or a broken main belt. It might have to go to the dealer, but it would be good to have an idea of what is going on first.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire