How old is too old for HEM

jeudi 20 mars 2014

I'm looking at options with my life & career. Something's got to give, because my desk job is being automated away and I'm burned out. For the last 6 years I've maintained a moonlighting gig running small equipment up to 20 ton hoes. Others say I'm a decent hoe operator considering I haven't been on them all my life. I enjoy wrenching on my own tractor and motorcycles. I like operating more, but I've about given up on getting an entry level job doing that.



Grew up on a small farm and was taught what hard work is. Worked as a mig welder a couple decades ago for a train car company.



I am middle aged now, and am wondering how much trouble I'd have finding work as an entry level HEM. I have a basic tool set, with a few 1/2 bits & pieces but not much bigger than 32mm. Plenty of pry bars, pullers, porta-press, multimeter, and so on. Hopefully enough where I could add on as needed.



Am I barking up the wrong tree this stage in my life? Have any of you got started in this business in mid life and how'd it go for you? Are employers requiring training schools or just a good attitude and willingness to learn?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire