Need some welding help

samedi 22 mars 2014

Hello everyone,



I'm having a small issue with my new welder... It's a Millermatic 140, got it for christmas from my wife, and just used it for the first time (aside from the odd little weld here and there) quite heavily on Wednesday this past week. I was welding some fairly heavy material using Flux Cored 0.030 wire. I've got the polarity set up as per the manual and have the voltage dialed up to the max because of the heavy material we're welding. It welds VERY nice, the small issue I'm having is that it seems like I'm not getting hardly any life out of my welding tips, sometimes after only 2 or 3 long welds they grab the wire and that's it, she's stuck. Swap out the tip and away we go again. Short welds are no problem, it'll weld all day long. Am I using too light of a wire and tip for this amperage? What am I doing wrong? I can step up to 0.035 wire on this welder I'm pretty sure, would that help?



Any help would be greatly appreciated!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire