A little help with seal orientation in CAT hydro cylinder rebuild

samedi 30 juillet 2016

Hoping someone has enough experience to shoot me some help. This is regarding the 225 excavator bucket cylinder I am rebuilding. The head has 3 seals, buffer, then the main seal, then the wiper. The old buffer was was Ucup or DYR style buffer, the new one is. I could not find anywhere in which way that thing goes in but I went with the common sense approach of installing with the U cup facing the pressure side just like the main seal. Hoping that is right?

Also, I was trying to understand the U cup type seal on the hydraulic bump stop or snubber that attached to the tip of the rod. It has grooves on the sides to bleed down pressure but the way I looked at the book and installed the seal was with the U cup facing towards the main rod nut. There is a little support ring that goes in there and all that jazz was TIGHT! Not sure I could get that one out without damage. I guess if I had an idea how the snubber worked and why there is a seal there, it might make more sense.

I am just trying to verify a few things before I assemble and cost myself some headaches.


A little help with seal orientation in CAT hydro cylinder rebuild

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire