Pros and cons of 5 ton excavators vs. 3.5 ton

vendredi 29 juillet 2016

I'm interested in a small excavator mainly for personal use on a couple different properties. I've been focusing on the 3.5 ton machines 7,500 to 9,000 lbs but just ran across a Kubota KX 161-3 which I guess would be in the 5 ton class as it weights around 11,500 lbs.

I really would like the portability advantage of a 3.5 ton machine but for the two most demanding tasks I'll be using this machine for maybe the 5 ton machine will be better but I just don't have experience running these so looking feed back from you guys that do have experience with these size machines.

I'd really like to get a mower attachment something like a US Mowers EX30 flail to keep limbs cut back that over hang my fields and to cut some ditch banks.

The biggest challenge will be stumps of various sizes. I'm sure stumps are a real pain and challenge for anything but the largest of excavators so will a 5 ton machine be a great advantage in tackling a stump over a 3.5 ton?

What are the pros and cons of 5 ton compared to 3.5 ton excavators?

Keep in mind I'm looking a decent used machine for personal use that I can move between properties. I'm not currently looking to use it to make money with so productivity isn't as important to me as it would be with a contractor. I currently have a trailer that could move a 3.5 ton but would be a bit over loaded with a 5 ton so would need to trade up trailers for the 5 ton so I'm just wondering if the advantages are worth it to get the larger machine?

Thanks for sharing any of your experience and recommendations.


Pros and cons of 5 ton excavators vs. 3.5 ton

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire