Rubber tracks on a Dozer?

dimanche 31 juillet 2016

In some of Fastdirts photos he has pictures of rubber blocks that bolt onto the tracks on his excavator so that he doesn't tear up cement, asphalt and other hard surfaces. I'm wondering if there is anything like that available for dozers.

I can just hear people going what the heck would you want to do that for? Well, we are looking to add a cement bunker silo on the farm, cement walls and floor. I'm looking at a D5 or D6 size dozer for some fence clearing, and other dirt work projects. It would be really slick to use the dozer to push silage. One of the neighbours used one when they fed cattle, worked great. The problem is that the tracks would tear up the cement. I don't want to spend the money on a pad, only to rip it up with a dozer.

My other option is to buy another tractor for pushing silage, while I'd probably find other things for it to do, its a pricey venture to find something reliable with a dozer that hasn't been beat all to heck.


Rubber tracks on a Dozer?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire