Educate Me on Air Brakes

vendredi 29 juillet 2016

1998 F800 digger derrick truck has a pretty bad brake squeal, I think it's the left rear. The bottom shoe is worn down to about 1/4", the other shoes on the rest of the truck about 1/2" thick.

Took the tires and drum off to get a better look, and the wear is uneven, the top shoe isn't as worn as the bottom and is about equal in thickness to the others on the truck. Is this Normal?

I noticed that the shaft and bracket that anchors the brake chamber, slack adjuster, and S cam shaft to the back of the wheel, moved considerably when I was caging the spring brake. Could that be the cause of my uneven wear?

Does that wobble mean that I have to replace the S cam bushings.

Also this brake is missing the shroud on the back side of the wheel that helps keeps road dirt/crud out, and when I took the drum off a very healthy amount of crud fell out. Could that contribute to the uneven wear?

Also where do you guys get brake parts? I'd imagine that these would be generic parts, just wondering if there is someone cheaper than Ford, they are pretty proud of their parts.

Should I do both brakes on the rear axle so they are matched?

As usual thanks for any and all help.


Educate Me on Air Brakes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire