Ford industrial 4500 Wreck

samedi 21 janvier 2017

Hi,

I've recently purchased a a Ford Industrial 4500 with loader but no backhoe. I have now discovered it has had a terrible life of abuse and neglect. One of the first things I"m trying to fix is the worn out power steering linkage and power steering leaks.

I'm replacing pivot pins and bushings that are replaceable, but there is a couple of pins and pivot points that are not replaceable and am wondering if some play in this one item is designed that way.


If the pictures do not show up I'm going to have to explain my issue much better, but I think if the pictures come through you will understand what I'm talking about.

There does not seem to be a bushing under the cap labeled "2" in my picture, the pin underneath is extremely loose fitting but does not seem to have excessive wear. Picture 2 shows with the cap removed and the large amount of play around the pin. I'm wondering if there needs to be some play in this arm for the hydraulic valve on the power steering cylinder to actuate?

Pin labeled "3" also has no bushing and does in fact show some wear but is un-replaceable....whats the most sensible solution for a fix here.

Don
Attached Images
  


Ford industrial 4500 Wreck

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire