Opinions on Gehl 5635sx

jeudi 19 janvier 2017

Hi everyone.

This is my first post.

About 5 years ago I purchased a brand new kioti ck27 tractor with FEL to maintain my 14 acre property. I've been very happy with it overall but I find that I need more machine. I pretty much only push snow with it and use the loader in summer to lift trees for firewood and that kind of thing. I often borrow a skid steer as my tractor doesn't dig well and won't lift a ton..

My tractor at 5000lbs has a rough time pushing through the hard drifts we get in winter and it lacks breakout force so even scooping through them can be tough. It also lacks traction even though I have snow tires and 4x4.

It also has a open cab and with Temps dipping to -40 celicious here its not fun spending 4 hours pushing snow with no cab..

Last week I stopped in a gehl dealer that is close to home and had a look at what they had for sale on the lot. I've been told this dealer is good to deal with and my initial experience was very good. I'm thinking of trading in my 5 year old compact tractor on an older skid steer. Figured I'd look for something early to mid 2000s with no more then 2000 hours.

Online the dealer had a Gehl 4840 with 1500 or so hours so I went in to have a look. That machine was sold.

So,

Manager showed me a 1997 Gehl 5635sx that's on the lot. It was older and larger then anything i had looked at previously to this so initially i wasnt very interested. But after I started looking at the 5635 I saw Its a large frame machine (bigger cab and should be more capable) has a cab and heat, single speed, standard flow hydraulics (20gpm), universal quick attach and a large smooth bucket that I think was 80" or so. It has the gehl t bar controls which Ive never run but I like hand controls. Looks like it will lift 1800 lbs or up to 2000 plus with weights. It weighs 7200lbs which is 2200lbs more then my compact tractor which should do the trick for pushing through those drifts at home.

Unit has 2200 hours and was used on a small farm for landscaping/speading top soil and I assume snow removal. It has rust spots on it and could use a paint job but overall it seemed free of dents and dings /signs of abuse. Couldn't see any leaks underneath and the engine was clean. Interior is what youd expect on a 20 year old skid, used but not abused. Dealer put a new Gehl seat in which is very comfy.

Tires are old, about 80% tread but are cracked. Appears this skid has spent most of its life on soft ground based on the tires.

Dealer said the previous owner had a new engine installed by another deutz dealer but couldn't tell me why the old engine failed just that a new motor had been installed and had bills for it.

New engine has 50 hours on it, previous owner traded it on a compact tractor as he wanted to run a tiller and brush hog on the farm and said he didn't use the Gehl much anymore as it didn't fit his needs.

They also have basically an identical 4835 sxt that is similar but the lift capacity is less and I believe but am not sure that is a smaller frame machine?

Any info on the 4835sxt vs 5635sx? They are the same horse power but the 5635 lifts and weighs more and the engine has more displacement which I'm guessing wold make it feel more powerful?

So my questions are is a large frame older machine like this 5635 a good buy or should I consider a slightly newer 4835 sxt with the same horse but less lift capacity and wieght? Or should I be looking for something a little smaller in the early to mid 2000s like I originally planned. Newer smaller machines are in my price range but I'm unsure if they will out push out lift and older 35 series gehl.

Any thoughts?


Opinions on Gehl 5635sx

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire