case 1835 starter wire red hot, slow cranking

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Can anybody help? I bought a case 1835 on CL and the wiring is all messed up, I ordered repair book on ebay, waiting on it to arrive.



Machine worked fine for a day ,but not won't start. Cranking the starter results in the starter wire getting red hot and actually burning.



I took off the starter, tested it, works great, solenoid, starter spins and no issues with wires getting hot.



Mount it back on the machine, and same thing, it cranks very very slow, even though connected to running car battery, so it's not lacking amps.



Almost immediately the red thick wire gets hot, turns red and catches fire.



The wire is very thick too.



What can be causing this? I was told to check if there is a hydraulic release valve, maybe motor is too hard to turn? I'm able to turn the flywheel with my hands, barely.



Other suggestions I got is bad starter, which shorts out under stress? Again, I took it out and tested it over and over, solenoid and starter work great.



I disconnected all electronics to rule out any shorts, connected battery wire to solenoid and battery negative to starter case bracket, in order to take any faulty electronics which might be shorting, out of the loop. Still same issue!! Can anybody help? I'm at the end of the road and ready to junk yard this thing.





case 1835 starter wire red hot, slow cranking

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire