Mustang 342/Kubota D1402 puking oil out the breather hose after warm up

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

The D1402 in my Mustang seems to like to puke oil out the breather hose after things warm up (20-30 min) and the oil level goes down quite a bit (1-2 quarts??) in maybe 3-4 hours of operation. A bit (not much) oil vapor or "smoke" also comes out the end of the hose. The engine seems to be in fair to good shape, matter of fact, it was 14 Deg. F here today and it started up fairly well with no block heater. Makes me think it can't be TOO wore out??

I'm using synthetic Rotella 10-30 oil. It's not like it's really blowing a lot of

air out the end of the hose. And it won't do it cold.



Anybody else seen this problem with a Kubota 4 cylinder?

Almost seems to me like the oil separator/baffle in the valve cover is

a poor design, maybe OK for a new engine, but then when even slight

blow-by begins, it can't deal with oil carry over.

I'm thinking I need to take off the valve cover and make sure everything's intact that's suppose to be in there (no idea what) and if thats all OK, I think

my next step is to modify the design a bit. Maybe a larger hose, or a catch can with some sort of drain back hose so the oil can return to the engine??

Maybe a baffle plate under the valve cover?



Thanks for any info or ideas....





Mustang 342/Kubota D1402 puking oil out the breather hose after warm up

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire