Case 1840 questions - chain oil plug and fuel filter locations

samedi 31 janvier 2015

Hello,

I am brand new to skid steers and really any heavy equipment. We are in the Texas hill country and building a house and clearing our land. It's basically infested with mountain cedar (juniper). I saw a Case 1840 on craigslist from the local Asco dealer. I've been watching for skidsteers awhile and haven't seen anything close to what I could afford. They say it is a 2000 with 2500 hours. Anyway, went and drove it, with some advice did what I could to test it, and bought it. No leaks, no smoke, a little visually rough but not bad at all. So far it is running great and I'm yanking out or pushing over cedar no problem. Unfortunately I noticed the hour meter is stuck so who knows how many hours really are on it.



It had no owner's manual so I bought one on ebay. I don't know what year its for, but it seems some things are not where indicated. For example the chain oil plugs to check the oil level are shown between the tires toward the bottom. Mine has no such plug. And I cannot find the fuel filters. The owner's manual just shows a picture of them and instructions to service but doesn't indicate where actually they are. I can't see them anywhere. The manual doesn't indicate you have to remove the ROPS to get to them, but maybe? I have tried many hours to find better documentation or videos of my particular unit to find these two things but am coming up short.



Anybody with one of these have any thoughts? thanks!





Case 1840 questions - chain oil plug and fuel filter locations

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire