955L Transmission Trouble

mercredi 29 avril 2015

Hello

I have a 955L 85J4575 that I had the transmission rebuilt in. Actually the transmission that was in the machine had a bearing failure and just filled everthing in the transmission system with shavings and pieces. I had a parts machine with a good trans so I sent it out to be rebuilt before installing it in the good machine. My machine has a newer bottom, both finals rebuilt and a reman 13x engine so I thought it was worth it to have a rebuilt transmission. I had all the wear parts in the trans changed and installed a new oil cooler and new aftermarket trans pump. From day one the torque got hot. I talked to the rebuilder and they said it was probably the gauge. I had to keep the machine in service as it is my only loader, but only ran it about 100 hours. I was going to bring it in this winter to try to diagnose more but when I was loading it to bring it to the shop the torque converter locked up. I came to find that the bearing between the stator and the impeller siezed. Put another rebuilt torque in the machine and started checking pressures. The torque outlet was only at 20 psi at operating temperature stalled in 3rd gear. It is supposed to be 60. So I checked the torque inlet pressure and it was at 70 psi cold supposed to be bench set at 135psi so I don't know what that pressure is supposed to be at operating temp. After talking to the rebuilder they said to shim the torque inlet relief valve to try to get it higher. I shimmed it to get to about 130 psi cold at high idle. Again I don't know if this is correct since the book says bench test. Once the machine warms up it is down to 50 psi at high idle and the outlet pressure is at 37 psi. I have the trans pump on a gauge also while I am testing the other pressures and it is staying around 320 psi at high idle (within spec) and at idle it goes down to around 220 psi.

I have been in contact with the rebuilder and they don't know what to do. They are starting to blame it on the aftermarket pump and their recomendation is to go to cat and buy a new pump ($1650) and try it. That really isn't an option since it if it doesn't fix the problem Its not like cat is going to take the pump back. I have a hunch that there may be an internal leak that is causing the low pressure. I don't believe it is in the torque since two different torque converters have had the same issue (getting hot). Or possibly the pump is bad even though it is new but Cat will not test it unless they rebuild it.

I am kind of at a loss with this thing. I had $7500 in the rebuild not including the second converter which the rebuilder rebuilt for free. I know if I run it as it is I will be replacing the converter soon.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.

Thanks,

Phil


955L Transmission Trouble

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire