Moral Delema, need advice Please

jeudi 30 avril 2015

OK, so most of you know my shop burnt down 2 days before my back surgery, w/ a customers pump inside..
I figured I'd pick-up a few hundred before I was layed-up for a few months..
I had quoted the man a price for the removal/reinstall and pump overhaul.. The fire TOTALY destroyed this guys pump..
I called the man and told him what happened and that I wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING for a few weeks on account of my surgery..
He "said" he understood and went on for 30 minutes about how he found the tractor in the woods and was bringing it back to life after 10 years of it hidden in the forest..
SO FAR, I've gotten about 35 phone calls from this guy wanting to know WHEN I can get back to his tractor.. because NOW he "needs it"..
I scoured the web and FINALLY found a pump and paid 1600.00 for it on account I have NO CORE..
I called him to let him know, I BOUGHT a pump and it would be at my house in the MIDDLE of the week, Wendsday..
He called Monday, Tuesday AND wendsday raising hell about, how it shouldn't take "that long" to get a pump..
I received the pump Wendsday nite but didn't find it on the porch till this morning.. Thursday..
I opened the box and low and behold it has the wrong inlet and outlet fittings on it..
NORMALLY that wouldn't be a problem, just go to the shop and get the correct ones.. guess what?? NO SHOP..
SO, I put on my back brace, grab my walker and head to the burnt up building and found EVERTHING I need to get the pump right..!!! fuel inlet/outlet and 4 line connectors.. What a miracle..
My question to you "understanding fellas" IS..
Should I hold this guy to the original quote??? or eat the 1600.00 and shake his hand, tell him how sorry I am that things went this way, and be on my merry way???
BTW.. the quote was less than 450.00 ... So either way it goes, I'm loosing over 1000.00.. and to tell you the honest truth, I'm not even sure I'll be able to bend down that far to get the pump back on..
I know I OWE the guy a pump because it wasn't HIS FAULT AND it's been almost a month since I've been able to get up and around.. BUT Dam.. he SAID he understood about the back surgery.. and the phone calls were killin me..
On top of all that, I'm going to have to hire a helper to go with me incase something goes wrong..
What to do.. what to do..??
I called the customer this morning a told him I'd have his tractor running this weekend... I have to wait till the wife goes to work before I can leave the house or she'll KILL ME.. Lol :eek:
Lets hear.. good or bad.. I'm stuck on this one... OR it might be the pain killers clouding my judgment.. :rolleyes:


Moral Delema, need advice Please

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire