Cat 268b loegering vts track system drive chain replace 1100 hours owner operator

lundi 31 août 2015

Bought this machine new.
My father and I have mostly ran this machine.
I always make 3 point turns and hardly ever spin machine.

Drive chain suddenly snapped. I think it wasn't adjusted properly and it was rattling a little on the sprocket. I think it was a random snap.
Opened inspection cover and sprockets look good. But the rear drive chain snapped at the link.

So I ordered two drive chains from Cat. It's a diamond chain brand.
The thing is...with this loegering vts rack drive system...the front chain doesn't pull anything except it free floats in a hub that powers nothing. The front chain still looks new. So I think I need to replace the rear chains on both sides.

So I took off the track system. Down to the hubs just as if it had tires.

Pulled out old chain. Took hub loose but it doesn't pull out hole because sprocket on inside it bigger than hole.

Drained case.
Cleaned case.

Tried to put in new chain and it will NOT clear the sprocket at the back hub. The chain will not skip over the bottom because the sprocket clearance is too close to the bottom case!

Do I have to pull the sprocket off the hub internally? Then mock it all up and then bolt it back? How do I torque that but back?

Wow! Why design it so tight? Why not let it have a little more clearance? Any tips?

And when I put it all back together...what do I press against to adjust the hub and chain tension?

Thanks!


Cat 268b loegering vts track system drive chain replace 1100 hours owner operator

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire