JD 4045 w HPCR - wet fuel in all cylinder - will not run

vendredi 28 août 2015

The exhaust ports are all about equally wet with fuel and soot. The exh pipe at the turbo had about 1/2" of wet soot in it - again I feel sure it is fuel. Injectors removed - no obvious damage. Turbo spin freely - could use a rebuild but I have seen worse slack and running fine. Everyone I have asked have a quick answer until I say " all four at the same time". Most say injectors. Some say timing - which should mean ECM? correct.? Only code is "rail pressure"- no indication if that means high or low since I am not a JD tech with a computer - the code is in the Magnum controller and it has only appeared once during many attempt to start. Compression seems fine, but I am having hell finding an adapter - so all I can do is try to hold a fitting over the injector port by hand - it blow my hand off - violently. Still have not rules out bad rings until I get a good adapter to do compression test, but most experienced mechanics that I talk to say that if it blows my hand off that bad on all four, it is probably OK. Has 11k hours on it.

Not sure where to go from here. Test injectors? Again - all four failing at the same time?
Can the ECM cause this without throwing codes by the dozens?
Can extreme wet stacking cause this?

Thanks


JD 4045 w HPCR - wet fuel in all cylinder - will not run

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire