CAT 236b Drive Chain Removal

dimanche 30 août 2015

I just bought a used 2007 CAT 236b skid with about 750 hours on it. It had an aftermarket set of VTS Loegering tracks on it, but I need put on tires. I took the tracks of and was about to put the tires on but noticed I could turn the front hub assembly by hand. When I took off the drive chain access panel I noticed both chains around the rear hub, must have been a condition for the VTS tracks to work right as all the torque is driven by the rear sprocket for VTS. There are 2 large sprockets in the rear. Well now with tires I would like to go back to the original assembly with chain on front and rear hub. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to get the chain off. I've taken the 8 bolts off the read hub assembly but can only pull the hub assembly off the bolts about 3/4 an inch or so before the first spocket inside starts bumping up against the inside.

Does anyone have any idea? There is no master link on the chain to separate it, I've checked that about 10 times on both sides, so there must be another way. Is the rear hub on a spline that I need to pull through the sprockets? There's a bolt on the back side of the shaft that's holding the rear sprockets, does that have to come out? Not sure how I'll get my hands back there, do I need to climb underneath and access that a different way. I took the bolt out of the cover on the hydrostatic center drive but even with the hub assembly loosened, couldn't get enough slack in the chain.

I must be missing something. Can anyone fill in the gaps for me?


CAT 236b Drive Chain Removal

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire