My 96 JCB 214 4 Wheel Drive

jeudi 28 avril 2016

I am in need of suggestions to try to get my backhoe to start. At this point the engine won't turn over with the key. It does click, but more like the engine is locked up then like an electrical click.
Here is the story...I was having electric issues at the same time I busted a cylinder. This left the backhoe down while I waited to get the cylinder repaired and reinstalled. Over a period of 3 RAINY WET months, and water from a mass rain storm got in the oil (I guess through the top breather and a wide open exhaust). In my defense I acquired 81% of these issues when I got the backhoe. When I found the water in the oil the backhoe had run maybe 6 hours. I changed the oil and started the hoe again. I went inside to fetch something (about 5 mins) and the hoe had died. I couldn't get it to start again. It would turn over but it was wiping out the battery, grunting to turn over, The battery cable got hot. I discovered then that the thread on the starter was stripped. Now new starter, new battery, new battery cables, changed the oil again, also the inner and outer air filter. I jumped in the cab and turned the key. It turned over fast (yay) but it wouldn't start. My wonderful brother came to help and sprayed starting fluid in the air filter. It started and ran a couple minutes then died again. I have since learned starting fluid is a huge no no! The engine would not turn over. I was told the starting fluid probably locked it up. Another friend came and used a screw driver to the starter and got the engine to turn over. It still didn't start and stopped turning over again. He left. I tried the screw driver thing (it scares the .... out of me and it can't be a good thing to do but I did get the engine to turn over and even with the key but when I ran down primed the fuel and got back in the cab...It would not turn over with the key. Long Story Sorry!! I have been waiting for warm weather to help :(?
Any suggestions, any at all.


My 96 JCB 214 4 Wheel Drive

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire