Case 580L Series 2 transmission control circuit puzzle

jeudi 28 avril 2016

Hello.

My first post here. I've had my CASE 580L Series2 for 3 years and put 300 hours on it, but intermittently the shuttle won't engage the transmission, especially on first startup after sitting for a while. I think it's an electrical fault or short.

After bouncing the hoe or idling several minutes it usually kicks in and the transmission controls work fine the rest of the day.

During the problem condition, besides the shuttle not engaging, the rear work lights don't work; but if you hit the clutch button, rear work lights go on (and the fan light goes from bright to dim); if you put shuttle in forward or reverse there's no effect on work lights; if you put the shuttle in fwd/rvs while clutch button is depressed the rear work lights will stay on after the clutch button is released.

Does this all point to a common point of failure like the shuttle interlock timing relay? I know it's the odd relay out (I tried swapping around the other relays which are all identical.)

I've got 4wd and the Carraro transmission.

It may be relevant to disclose that the machine has other electrical problems such as: gauges not reading, fuel solenoid not working (manual override in place), and battery drains if I don't put move battery disconnect to OFF when the machine sits.

I have the service manual and electrical schematic, but any tips on where to start or what components to try replacing first would be much appreciated.

Good digging.
-Ryan


Case 580L Series 2 transmission control circuit puzzle

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire