Bobcat 863, bucket pivot bushings

samedi 24 janvier 2015

Hello everyone,



I am new to this form, and also to skid steers. I just recently purchased a 1999 863 Bobcat, G-series, with under 1300 hours. The machine is in pretty nice shape, but I went to grease all of the pins the other day, and everyone except the bottom right bucket pivot pin took grease. I tried everything, heat, penetrating oils in the grease gun, etc. but no luck. Anyway, I realized the bushing shifted and was sticking out of the arm at least 1/8", so the channel wasn't lining up with the pin's grease hole. The bushing actually wore a nice groove into the bobtach. Because of that, it was annoying to drop down the bobtach.



I decided to replace the pins/bushings/seals on both sides while I had the attachment plate down. I removed both bushings pretty easily. I MIG welded here and there in the bushing and both hammered out nicely. The bore, whose bushing wasn't getting grease, is a bit rusty, though. I lightly wire brushed it, and also lightly hand sanded it with some old 100 and 220 grit paper. I still have a decent amount of pitting, as I'm afraid of removing too much material.



I am just not quite sure if the bore will be tight enough to support the new bushing. I tested the bores with the better of the two old bushings (which I shrunk by welding inside). The shrunk bushing will start to go into the side that was greasing fine, but to go further I'd have to hammer it in. But, on the other side with the more pitting, when I take the same bushing I can push it in by hand. Maybe I'm worrying too much and the new bushing will be tight enough, despite the pitting and wear. I'm just wondering if there is anything else I can or should do.



Has anyone used something like Loctite, at the ends of the bushing, or something else to fill space slightly?



Any advice is greatly appreciated.



Thank you.



Joe





Bobcat 863, bucket pivot bushings

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire