jd 555a with problems buy or not

samedi 24 janvier 2015

I have located a 555a that I can purchase for basically scrap price. It has a head gasket blown (blowing compression out in front of # 1 cyl) It will start and run. The hydraulic seems to work fine for the little bit I ran it, but the transmission barely pulled, I pulled the dipstick, the oil is milky it has either had water or coolant in it. I would probably only use this machine 20 to 30 hours a year. I have read that the 555A has bad transmission problems and is very expensive to fix. Any chance I might get lucky, by changing fluid and having it work enough to get me by. There are some parts on it I can use on another machine that my brother owns, if I do scrap it out. Also, I have read, that possibly you can put a 450 Transmission in this machine. I work as an auto mechanic so I would be doing this work myself. Any info would be greatly appreciated.





jd 555a with problems buy or not

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire