New to sight, bought an 1816br1 looking for mechanical advice.

dimanche 26 avril 2015

First hello,

My name is Alonzo I am from South East Mo. I work as a machinist/fabricator for the local ag and marine industry.
I recently came across an old case 1816b skid steer and bought it for 1,500. I figure it is an outstanding upgrade from a shovel and wheel barrow.

It does run but the old tecumseh is blowing a lot of oil.

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded to new motors and if so what kind of problems did you run into?
I found this upgrade kit, Has anyone tried it? Or am I better off sticking with a 20hp Honda and building my own adapter kit?
http://ift.tt/1zbJa6l



On this particular machine the pumps are engaged via pulley tension, it wants to walk when it is disengaged. I am seriously thinking about replacing the system with a 12v clutch while I am replacing the motor. Is this a bad idea, or a smart move?

I am also looking at putting on an additional electric over hydraulic system that can power up a post hole digger, small tiller, snow blower ect. If any of you have recommendations on pump/motor sizing I would be grateful.


Thank you for reading,


Alonzo


New to sight, bought an 1816br1 looking for mechanical advice.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire