Older John Deere 410 Fuel Problem

samedi 25 avril 2015

Hi all. I have a JD 410 backhoe/loader - Yellow. The numbers on the plate are 410-D 312522T. My research shows this to be a 1978 model but that could be completely wrong. I has stickers on it that says it is a 410C TURBO. I don't think it's either. I have a good knowledge of the workings of gasoline engines and jet engines but I am a total newbie to diesel.

I generally know what a turbo looks like but I don't see one on this machine. Can someone tell me what to look for? Does anyone recognize the instrument panel? If so, can you tell me what the indicator represents in the upper left corner?

The machine had numerous hydraulic and fuel leaks when I got it. I have repaired all. The major fuel leaks were on the injector pressure pump, but I have quite literally replaced everything in the fuel system but that pump. New filters, new lift pump, new suction line from tank to lift pump, and even new injectors. I put a kit in the injector pump and once I bled the air from the system it ran like new. About a week later I went out to use it again and the engine would never go above idle. Even removing the linkage on the injector pump and moving the lever from one extreme to the other made absolutely no change in engine speed. I was able to use it a little, but it would do very little work. A week or so later I finally decided to go into the injector pump again.

I went over everything I had done before and couldn't find anything wrong except the large spring on the governor in the top of the unit (Roosa Master Stanadyne JDB4, seemed to be too short. at one extreme it had about 1/2" of play in it. So I stretched the spring to compensate for that. After getting it all back together, I started it up and now it would run full speed, but wouldn't adjust back down to idle. Well I figured I can work with this. I put it to work for about an hour moving about 1/2 of a 22 ton pile of sand I have, and right in the middle of that it cut back down to idle again.

It's back where it was and again with the linkage disconnected, moving the lever from one extreme to the other directly on the pump itself has no effect. Can someone please give me an idea of what's going on here? Thank you in advance for any sage advice you can offer.
Attached Images
     


Older John Deere 410 Fuel Problem

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire