Replacing wood floor

vendredi 24 avril 2015

I'm in the process of replacing the wood floor on my 25' 20K gooseneck. I'm not real keen on drilling holes in the new oak deck. I'm not impressed with the self threading screws, as I had plenty of the heads pop off on the old deck. I could put carriage bolts in, but I've been thinking that I could bolt pieces of flat plate across the top of the deck to hold the boards in place.

My trailer doesn't have full width wood floor, but instead has the floor divided in three sections across. In essence the deck would be floating under pieces of 5/16" by 3" straps. This would cut way down on the number of fasteners as well as make it much simpler to change a damaged board in the future. I realize that the deck would no longer be truly flat, but that really isn't an issue for hauling tractors, skid steers and equipment.

Any thoughts?


Replacing wood floor

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire