Air in Hydraulic Fluid

lundi 25 avril 2016

We had a cylinder blow out a couple days ago and now it looks like we may have air trapped in the hydraulic fluid. Here's the story. Last week while I was out of town I got a call that the dozer blew a lift cylinder seal, no big deal just have it rebuilt,which they did and reinstalled it. Due to rain the dozer couldn't be ran or the tank topped off. When I got back I topped the tank off and brought the dozer to the house to do a few other repairs which didn't envolve the hydraulics. Yesterday my helper finally got to run it for about 4 hours. Today I went to check things out and noticed that the oil in the sight glass looked "milky". My first thought was water in the oil but now I'm thinking air bubbles. I took a sample off the bottom and top of the tank and both looked identical. Also the tank level was the same as when he left the shop with it. The dozer has only been run about 5 hours since the cylinder rebuild. Wondering if air got in the system and if so how to remove it. I did check the tank vent today also, it was dirty so I cleaned it. Dozer runs and operates fine the oil just looks milky. Dozer is a Case 850G and is being used to clear brush on the ranch. Sorry for the long post.


Air in Hydraulic Fluid

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire