Hydraulic fitting turns too far.

samedi 23 avril 2016

Sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment so this may be confusing.
At some time in the past the 90 degree fitting on the boom of my backhoe was turned too far. This fitting eventually leads to the ram that controls my bucket. On one side of the machine the fitting points downward and the hose runs under the pivot point. On the other side the fitting points back and up and the hose runs over the the arm pivot, causing the hose to rub on the pin. Of course this led to wearing a hole in the hose, also the hose was bent into an awkward 'S' shape instead of a nice gentle single arc like the other side so I think that it is not correct. I have replaced the hose and I want to turn the fitting to match the side that didn't look like an 'S' or have a hole. The 90 degree fitting in question isn't a two part fitting like the hose, it is a single piece that threads to a 'bottom out' with an O ring. this fitting threads into a piece that has a big nut on it and I thought that tightening this nut a lot would pinch the 90 fitting and lock it in place but it does not. the fitting remains sloppy loose unless I bottom it out which puts me back into the hose rubbing scenario. I could just tighten it down and resign myself to replacing the hose again soon but it seems to me that if the torque on the 90 is all that keeps it from turning then it is just a matter of time before it loosens itself anyway.

What am I missing here? I can't get to the fitting that the 90 threads into because it is a steel line inside the arm. the only things I can put a wrench to are the 90 and the nut and the two don't seem to have any effect on each other.

If the 90 had a good new o ring, can it be left loose? that sounds ridiculous to me, but I don't know how else I can get the hose to run the 'right' way.


Hydraulic fitting turns too far.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire