Oil analysis questions...?

dimanche 24 avril 2016

So the issue is, I bought a 2015 Bobcat S630 (Doosan 2.4l) and just did the 3rd oil change and there was still metal in the oil. Not peices or anything just very fine metal suspended where you coul see the pattern as it drained and if you swirled it with something. I have 2 weeks left in warrenty so took it to the dealer to have them document and decide what to do. I changed the oil at 60 hours, 170 & 280. The oil had about 30 hours on it when I took the machine in. They changed it and say the oil didn't have any metal in it and they cut the filter open and it looked fine.

What would an oil analysis tell me in this case? I'm thinking it would be well worth having done if it will help me document a potential serious issue? I don't think i should still see anything in the oil after the second change at most. I also have my doubts that the oil they drained didn't have any metal in it given how obvious it was on the third change. I did save all my oil filters as a precation.

Thoughts?


Oil analysis questions...?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire