580k front diff exploded - gear ratio question

mercredi 28 septembre 2016

Hi everyone, I've been a lurker for a little while and just signed up. Sorry if this question has been asked but I did not find anything using the search. I have a 580k 4x4 (later model) and the front differential grenaded 2 or 3 days after I bought it. Long story, but it's been a couple of years since I bought it and I've just been driving it in 2wd and listening to the metal clank around since then, hoping to find a complete axle to swap in. I can swap the gears but they are pretty expensive to buy, and I haven't found any donor backhoes. I've started thinking about swapping in a non-Case axle and just fabbing everything up myself. The one thing I don't know is what gear ratio these things are. Short of ordering the ring gear and pinion, and doing the math myself, I'm hoping someone might know off the top of their head. Hoping it's a fairly common ratio. Thanks


580k front diff exploded - gear ratio question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire