Bobcat 773 Blowing Smoke and Oil

mardi 27 septembre 2016

Hi.

I have a Bobcat 773 with Kubota engine and 2500 hrs. A few days ago I noticed the engine gurgling after shutdown and the temperature gauge was slightly above the operating range. Sure enough it was low on antifreeze. I filled the radiator and replaced the air filter (it was embarrassingly dirty). Upon restart it seemed to be fine so I hooked up my brush hog yesterday and drove a 1/4 mile to mow. I was watching the temperature gauge and it was hot but still in the operating range. Then the engine started smoking and smelling and I drove it back to the house. It was really smoking when I got home and temperature was into the hot range but not pegged. When I started it this morning it smoked profusely and was blowing oil.

I'm assuming it can be broken rings but maybe just a blown head gasket. Can the head be pulled without pulling the engine or should I just pull the engine out? Or is there a potentially smaller problem I should look for first?


Bobcat 773 Blowing Smoke and Oil

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire