Thinking about buying a skid steer. Never owned one and need some advice.

mercredi 28 septembre 2016

Hello there, I have a small landscaping business and the labor cost is killing me, I want to incorporate more skid steer machinery in my operation. The place we rent it from they charge us $300-$400 per day (including delivery and pickup). There is a promotion of a new Kubota SSV65 skid steer that sells for 34k. When you finance it for 7 years it comes down to $452 + $50 insurance. I can definitely do $500 a month, but will need to buy a beefy trailer + a truck that can support both, so the cost really adds up fast.

Problems/questions:

* I have a v8 Tundra truck. Most dealers told me my truck is not strong enough to tow a skid steer + a trailer to support it. Is that correct? If so, does toyota makes any truck models that can haul this thing?

*Should I look for a used skid steer? Do those things age well?

*Will 65 horse power be sufficient to my needs? Mostly need to spread many yards of soil and gravel.

*Does Kubota has decent skid steers?

*What kind of trailer should I look for?

*Any other un-intended costs of owning a skid steer?

*How maintenance heavy those things are? Frankly, I know almost zero about mechanics so won't be able to tinker/fix it myself.
I
*f you had to buy a no frills truck that will haul it, which one will you choose? f250 will work? I really like toyota, because its so reliable and that's a huge advantage for a non mechanic person like myself. I heard that american trucks have a poor reliability reputation?

Thanks again, construction folk!


Thinking about buying a skid steer. Never owned one and need some advice.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire