1987 Mitsubishi 240LC Excavator Won't Start

samedi 25 avril 2015

I just had it running today Saturday April 25th at 5:30pm for about 15 minutes.

I just replaced all radiator hoses, thermostat, and put new antifreeze in it today. Then I went to start it up at about 5:25pm

It had been sitting for about 6 weeks solid without starting it up, so the battery was very weak. I cranked it over a little, then waited. Then came back each time and after a few times the battery seemed to have "woken up". So then it finally fired up and ran no problem.

When I went to shut it off, I did not throttle it down first before turning off the starter key. That it is the way it is supposed to be done it says it in the manual. I just forgot to do it that way because I am out of habit, haven't been running the machine much all winter. But, it didn't make any bad noises and I quickly turned the key back on and then throttled it down the correct way to shut it off.

Later when I came back I noticed that when I turned the key there was NO action at all. Based on reading other threads it seems like I need to check my fuses, possibly replace my key ignition, or it's a bad solenoid on my starter.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.


1987 Mitsubishi 240LC Excavator Won't Start

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire