Hydraulic issues Snorkel TB 60

samedi 25 avril 2015

Hello All,

I have a 1992 Snorkel TB60 aerial manlift. I bought this machine several years ago and it has performed fairly well. The machine has a Deutz engine with 7500 hours. And runs great.

I have repacked the main lift cylinder and replaced the hydraulic lines that that rotate and tilt the man basket as well as the cable/hose chain that houses these hoses.
I am having some hydraulic issues mainly with the drive circuit. The hi-low speed on this machine used to really work well. Now it operates only in low. I have talked to Snorkel tech guys in St.Louis and they had me check the voltage on the circuit board on the run/steer joy stick. The voltage was somewhat low and I turned the POT's up and got very little improvement.

The machine surges sometimes when in the hi position. When moving and steering the unit will go a touch faster. Something in really killing the hi speed flow and I obviously and no hydraulics tech. Snorkel says the circuit board on the run/steer j-stick is gone. The surging speed wise makes me question this. I have checked the filter in the hydraulic tank and it's super clean.

This machine has many solenoid valves that control its operation. I am not getting any shift in the hi/low solenoid so this may be a possible area to trouble shoot? Y/N? Bad o-rings in the hi/low valve?

The lift, telescope and rotate circuits on this machine are fine. The weak link is the drive circuit.
I am at a loss as to where to check first. As in hopes there are some seasoned hydraulics guys on this forum.

I have idea how well the pump on this machine is performing. There are two ports on the pump that I guess are for taking pressure readings. Any advice is most welcomed.

Willie59, I hope this is the correct forum to seek advice.

Thanks guys,

Tom


Hydraulic issues Snorkel TB 60

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire