Crank Shaft Pulley Removal - You make the call!

dimanche 26 avril 2015

So, I have a 1977 John Deere 510 Backhoe/Loader.
I just replaced the two hydraulic lines for the bucket cylinder and was testing it out for about 10 minutes.

While I was running it, I heard a PING! in the front of the machine in the engine area. The engine didn't stop or change speed but I shut it down. When I get out, there is half of the clamp that joins the hydraulic pump and crankshaft pulley on the ground to he side of the backhoe and the other half underneath. It appears the bolts have sheared off. After further inspection the crankshaft pulley was damaged in the clamp failure, which stinks because it has a $280 sticker price (currently looking for one cheaper). So, the crankshaft pulley must be replaced.
So, I chained up the pulley to keep it from spinning and pull off the bolt and washer. So, now here is the dilemma. Is this a tapered bushing holding the pulley on? and if so, how in the world does it come off. There is NO room to wack this thing at all in there. I have tried a pulley puller and had no movement (actually broke the puller tip that sits in the threaded hole).
Take a look. Does anyone have any idea? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

THIS IS THE CLAMP
Name: photo 2.jpg Views: 26 Size: 70.4 KB

THIS IS THE SPACE THE CLAMP CAME FROM BETWEEN THE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY AND THE PUMP DRIVE
Name: photo 1.jpg Views: 23 Size: 36.9 KB

THIS IS WHAT I AM LOOKING AT AND WONDERING HOW I REMOVE IT?????
Name: photo (2).jpg Views: 25 Size: 48.7 KB

Z Mountain
Charlotte, NC
1978 John Deere 510 Backhoe/Loader
Attached Images
   


Crank Shaft Pulley Removal - You make the call!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire