Advice on first equipment purchase

lundi 28 septembre 2015

Thanks to all the time you guys put into helping each other on this site. I enjoy reading this forum.
I have been saving several years for a loader to clear personal property of about 10 acres.
I need to cut rough roads on a hill side, take out trees, as well as dig a small pond etc. Almost
½ of land is in a flood plain, but it does have good drainage and the ground gets hard. I also want to dig
A forge across a large creek as well.
My budget at the moment is about 13K. However the more I read on undercarriage repairs the more
Worried I become. And to confuse myself more I don’t see a lot of difference in loaders that range from
10K to 20K as far as hours and condition go.
I could sell off some stuff, save up more and spend more up front (E.g. 20K) if I could get a
Machine with a good undercarriage.
I found a 1987 Cat 933B with 2700 hours for 12,900,and the ad states {needs P & B turn and sprockets**.
I have read some opinions this may be a waste and its best to replace everything.
I may be able to handle replacing the tracks, but sprockets I don’t think so.
I guess what I am looking for is a ball park figure on cost for tracks and sprockets.
And since the bushings are worn out are the rollers likely in need of replacement also?
Also finally what would a rough estimate of a complete undercarriage replacement cost at a dealer or
Independent shop in the southeast?
I will appreciate any advice you can give.
Thank You
Johnny Walker


Advice on first equipment purchase

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire