Case 580L transmission debris

dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Just bought a 1998 580l with 2850 hours. Whenever I buy a machine I like to change all the fluids and filters. When I drained the transmission pan, the fluid initially was very thick (was cold), but more importantly there was about a thimble full of sludgy metal attached to the drain magnet. When I removed the suction screen there were little black metallic flakes attached to it. Not many. Inside that screen, the magnet had abt half a thimble full, or a little less of magnetic black sludge. I ran a magnet through the drained fluid. All in all I'd say I had just less than a half an ounce of gritty black junk (no silver looking stuff). I'm guessing it had the original Case filter as it said Case. Was very rusty and I needed a 3 ft breaker bar to turn it loose.
The machine had no problem before I switched the fluid and none now. When I put it in first or second it does so with a nice jolt. Feels great. I will say when it's in 3rd or 4th, if there is any rise at all in the road it slows right down. Is this normal? Is the amount of debris just normal wear and tear for a machine that hasn't been serviced since new?
I know I'm probably over thinking this, but I'm loving this machine and want to keep it going for years.
Thanks in advance.


Case 580L transmission debris

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire