This is not really that "OLD" as I was working for a year before it was built!

mercredi 24 février 2016

Came across these two pictures in an envelope yesterday while going through stuff at home.

They were taken in October 1992 when the truck was getting ready to be shipped to the quarry in Watertown NY after some major work was done. I tried to find a write up on it in my old files but think 1992 was before I had a computer at work to keep files on.

Truck is a 1969 Mack M30X1349. As I recall it had a NTA380(?) Cummins with an Allison CLBT5860 transmision. Brakes were straight air front drums with air over hydraulic rear drums.

This truck saw service in several of the quarries in New York State over the years. Hauled it's last load of stone for the company right here in Skaneateles NY. What finally put it out of service was the flex-plates that connected the engine to the transmission failed. It sat for a couple years and then was sold at auction, I believe to someone in Ohio who was hoping to fix it and use it to haul dirt out of a pond he was building.

Name: M30X001.png Views: 0 Size: 213.3 KB

Name: M30X002.png Views: 0 Size: 223.6 KB
Attached Images
  


This is not really that "OLD" as I was working for a year before it was built!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire