LG Montana 4340 bucket problems

dimanche 24 avril 2016

Hi everyone, newbie here, both to the forum and tractors in general.

The wife and I were at an estate sale a couple of months ago and purchased a LG Montana Tractor 4340 to help maintain our 115 acres. With the full cab, heating and air, it seemed perfect for me. It seemed to run and operate good so we bid and won the bid for it. After having it delivered though I started noticing things that I failed to see at the auction.

Bad battery (minor, replaced), bolts missing from the left front corner of the skid plate(?) to connect to the frame (minor, replaced) but to me, a major item, three grease fittings missing from the left side of the bucket on the arm. The holes were filled with grease so it wasn't till I started to do my initial PMCS on it that I noticed. Replacing the fittings was easy, nothing wrong with the threads and the new fitting went right in, but, the bucket hangs about 1 1/2 inches lower on that side. Trying for a flat scoop is impossible as the bucket corner just digs in and makes a mess of everything. The hydraulic piston measures out the same length on both sides so I don't think that's the problem.

Might anybody have a suggestion of what I can check for. Can't take it in to have it checked, it was either a truck and trailer (to haul a tractor) or the tractor, and I really needed the tractor to get things done around here.

Thank you


LG Montana 4340 bucket problems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire