Can somebody help explain Loader specs?

vendredi 27 mai 2016

Some background. Out of high school I worked at a greenhouse and they sent me through a bobcat school and I ran a loader for them for a year till I moved on. Since that time I have always wanted to own one. Landscaping is a passion of mine and I spend most of spring, summer and fall doing it for myself, friends and family. Unfortunately with the long winters of northern Canada it can't support me year round so I have a normal job. I live in a town of 3000 people and the two landscapers / small excavation guys in town are both doing it as a hobby in there retirement. Having used them on occasion for jobs to big for a shovel and wheel barrel I know they will be calling it quits about the time I plan to retire. This seems like a perfect way for me to spend my retirement. I have been living on google for the last few weeks researching skid steers and I keep getting links to this page so I decided to join as I have learned a lot.

I have experience in two loaders. The bobcat I ran many years ago (long since forgot the model number) had the hand and foot controls and A family friend loaned me a New Holland C232 CTL, when I got my new house to do the yard. I much preferred the track machine to the wheel in both stability and ease in digging. I also really liked the joystick in the C232 to the hand and foot controls of the bobcat, so I would be leaning that way for preference. I was able to hop in the New Holland and in 10 mins I felt comfortable and was working with out thinking about the controls.

Now to my questions. I have access to every brand of machine available within an hour drive of me (closest city) I am leaning towards Deere as I would need the same hour drive to get service but my brother can get me parts locally through the John deere agriculture dealer. Second would be New Holland as I really enjoyed that one I borrowed and parts would be 20 min away at another agriculture dealer. I know everyone on this site always says that the dealer and service are the most important and that makes sense but I am looking more for the most reliable machine (i know they all brake down) I will be the only one running it so it will be treated well and the maintenance will be followed. I have enough skills to change fluids, hoses, and tighten tracks, but anything thing big like rebuilding motors ect will have to go to the dealer and being a small retirement operation large cost repairs will hurt. I don't mind if a fix takes a few extra days or have to wait for parts as the down time won't mean I can't put food on the table, So getting the most reliable out of the gate is most important. I know the CTL have a higher cost to run but it's not going to be asked to run all day everyday and ran hard if it sees 15hr a week I would be surprised. For what it's worth Bobcat by far is the most popular as far as what I see working around the city and on trailers with Cat probably number 2. there is dealers for Tak ,ghel, mustang, terex, ect, ect, But I have never seen one outside of the dealer but they must sell them or they wouldn't be around.

Second question. What size of machine do I need? I will be stripping grass, grading yards, hauling gravel, rock, topsoil. Basic small excavation landscaping. I don't want to go too big as I will be mostly in residential sized lots and don't want to tear up existing landscape (or atleast keep it to a minimum) or have trouble maneuvering. The only accessories I have plans to run is an auger and hydraulic tamper. I know this has been asked a lot but this is the part I need the specs explained to me. I looked up the weight of sod and pallets of rock and they came in at 1800-3000lbs and the average weight of a yard of gravel or crushed rock is also in the 3000lb range. So simple I just need a machine with a ROC of 3000lbs or a little over. But then I watch youtube video's of machines smaller than that spec doing the jobs? So am I not understanding how the ROC correlates to the job it can do or are people pushing there machines past there capabilities?

I look forward to any advice and suggestions on machine.

Thanks

Jason


Can somebody help explain Loader specs?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire