CDL confusion question

dimanche 29 mai 2016

Longtime reader here, just got around to joining after about 6 or 7 years of reading, ya'll have been many hours of entertainment. I use to be in the construction and dozing business back in the 90s, but just raise cattle now, still have a track loader, backhoe and dozer.

Here's my question, right now I pull all my trailers with a dually pickup, doing all farm use and not for hire, mostly hauling cattle, then a little hay and a piece of equipment now and then. I'm wanting to go to a small single axle truck to relieve some miles on my good trucks. These are all gooseneck's with electric brakes. Here's the problem, I have a class B with air brakes now and I can't get a strait answer on what I need to do to drive a single axle air brake truck with my trailers. Talked to all kinds of people with the Lisense office and highway patrol and get different answers from all of them. The people at the Lisense office said since it's not for hire and farm use and I have a class b with air brakes I'm ok. the CDL testing people said I need a class A, but here's the funny part about what they said, they told me I needed the A, but they told me I couldn't take the class A test in the truck I'm going to use and the trailer I'm going to pull because the trailer doesn't have air brakes, so I'm thinking If the vehicle I want to take the test in that I'm going to be driving won't work to get the Lisense then why do I need the Lisense??? It also makes me wonder if someone driving a little fl50 frieghtliner with a big 5th wheel travel trailer would have to get a class A since that's basically the same thing I'm doing. i know ya'll aren't the DMV, but anything you can add would sure be interesting for me to hear, thank you!


CDL confusion question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire