Any way to tell how many hours on IH truck without hour meter?

vendredi 28 octobre 2016

I am looking for a new to me IH dump truck. I have found a 93 model 466 engine, 6 speed, air brakes, 33k GVWR for a decent price. The problem is the odometer says 2000 miles which is obviously not right. The truck was originally a plow/salt truck for a state agency. The current owner said when he bought it the odometer didn't work then either so he has no idea of the mileage. He says it runs good with no issues, but I would hate to buy something that has 12k plus hours on it. I know on newer trucks the dealer can hook up to the computer and get the engine hours but I am not sure what year that started. I am assuming this truck is too old for that. I have had a really hard time finding a truck with these specs without it costing $10k so this one has me interested but the lack of being able to tell the mileage has me pretty concerned. Thoughts?


Any way to tell how many hours on IH truck without hour meter?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire