Winter dozing

mardi 26 janvier 2016

I have a little 10 acre patch of trees to take down for a customer. Mostly poplar. 8"-12" diameter trees for the most part. I tipped them all over about 10 days ago then let the ground freeze-up a little. We had some-25*F nights so I figured it would be hard as heck but I still have to be careful to not roll up dirt with the trees. We will start with a heavy disk this summer and burn the windrows as they dry. My D65 is a bit small for this type of work but It gets done. OROPS are cold.

This method seems to give the cleanest finished product with the least amount of dirt in the piles. How do you other northern folk prefer to clear land?

The pics are poor but we all like to look.

Name: 0115161556a_zps7zqkba0y.jpg Views: 0 Size: 30.6 KB

Same spot from the other direction after windrowing.


Name: 0125161124_zpsy95q3iix.jpg Views: 0 Size: 52.0 KB
Attached Images
  


Winter dozing

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire