Hyster H80C forklift questions

jeudi 26 mai 2016

Hey Y'all,

I've been looking for a 5k to 8k forklift with pneumatic tires for awhile, something that will fit in my shop and I can take to jobsites. One of my customers is a scrap dealer, and they just got one in that they decided is too nice to scrap and are reselling instead. Want $1300 for it delivered to my shop. I'm wondering your thoughts about this - here are the details.

Hyster H80C, one of the data plates mentions 1969. Not running although it has spark, turns over OK, and tries to start. Just doesn't get quite enough RPM up to run without the starter motor spinning. I'm guessing it's an LP regulator issue, but obviously don't know for sure. Continental F227 flathead six. Not sure exactly how the trans works...there are two round pedals, one on the left and one on the right. Then there's a gear lever (N, 1-3) on the R side of the column as well as a forward / reverser lever right under the gearshift lever. Heck, it would be a help if one of you could just tell me if this thing is clutched or automatic. Hoping the left pedal is just an inching pedal, but no way to know without it running.

From the outside, the machine looks great. Good paint, not beat up, ROPS intact, etc. Engine compartment is just dusty. Engine oil looks good, hyd oil not on stick. Bearings in the mast are worn out and no sideshift, but I located another mast that has sideshift here:

http://ift.tt/1OPiCdm

The owner of that one has said he'll let the the whole mast (no forks with it) and any levers / hoses / valving associated with sideshift go for $750. It's a decent trip from here, about 800 miles.

This is something that will get used maybe an average of half an hour a week, so I don't really want to tie up a lot of money in it. If I put that mast on this forklift, I should have around $2200 in it by the time I pay for fuel. I know it's a pig in a poke, mainly wondering what you all think of these older machines. Were they decent? Easy enough to operate? Was Hyster using proprietary parts back then, or are parts for the hydraulic pump, etc available outside of the company?

A comparable, good running used machine will be in the $8k neighborhood from what I can see. That's room for a lot of fixin' if need be. And an older machine without the electronics is really what I need for my purposes. Thoughts welcome.


Hyster H80C forklift questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire